TODAYS TINKER


Still feeling a bit wobbly about the tech- like I said, I'm used to sticking stuff together until something makes me laugh.  So today, this is exactly what I did.  I have been playing about with the motor out of a milk froth-er. See film clip below.


Letting go of the self imposed proposal, and in approaching Random String in a similar way to how I would normally work (playing), everything starts to feel easier.


I never normally plan what I'm going to make, it sort of just comes together- eventually.  Its a pretty hit and miss way of making, but I enjoy the process of discovery, rather than a design and build job.  Through the play aspect, I discover (sometimes) some good stuff that I would never have thought of if I were to plan.


Saying this, I'm still longing to get to grips with a bit more tech, and I'm really looking forward to my next session with Ash and Dom at Ludic Rooms for some more pointers to see me on my way.


No comments:

Post a Comment